Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Roads 2000 is a subsidiary of the Politis Companies and operates under the Politis Companies’ policies.
Politis Companies consists of the following legal entities, Roads 2000 Pty Ltd, Kerb Direct Kerbing Pty Ltd, BBT Transport Pty Ltd, Politis Central Services Group Pty Ltd and Politis Plant Hire Group Pty Ltd. The primary expertise of the Companies is the production, delivery, installation and maintenance of roads and associated road environments. The Companies’ recognise that the health and safety of all employees, subcontractors and visitors is of prime importance to the successful conduct of our business activities.
The Executive and Senior Management of Politis Companies accepts the responsibility to provide a healthy and safe work environment and to promote a high level of health and safety management within all company activities providing products and services that conform to relevant specifications, codes, Australian Standards, supply agreements and contractual requirements in a timely manner.
To meet this objective Politis Companies are committed to implementing and maintaining a Safety Management System based on the requirements of the Standard AS/NZS 4801:2001 to safely provide superior delivery of compliant road environments. It is the goal of Politis Companies to, as is practicable, eliminate hazards at worksites and prevent accidents occurring.
In order to achieve these goals, Politis Companies will:
- Establish and maintain a system to manage health and safety issues throughout the companies’ business activities.
- Provide, as far as is practicable, a work environment where employees are not exposed to hazards.
- Ensure that management, employees and subcontractors recognise, understand, accept and apply their Duty of Care with respect to safe work practices and comply with relevant safety legislation, procedures, policies and other requirements.
- Encourage management, employees and subcontractors to take a pro-active interest in improving health and safety management practices.
- Provide resources and information to enable employees to carry out their work in a healthy and safe manner.
- Ensure employees and subcontractors are competent, experienced and suitably skilled to undertake their duties in a safe and productive manner.
- Monitor work practices to ensure compliance with company objectives.
- Analyse safety performance in order to continuously improve the safety management system and workplaces.
Politis Companies expect all members of its workforce to comply with Duty of Care and take all reasonable care with their own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.