Asphalt Contractors Perth
The Asphalt Paving Process
The presentation of an asphalt surface depends very much on its treatment during the first few months after installation. The surface binder is soft until it oxidises and the following should be avoided during this period:
- Extreme turning of rubber-tyred vehicles especially with power steering.
- Traffic prior to the asphalt cooling to 40°C or below.
- Leaking of any oil or petroleum product on the surface.
- Point loading the surface e.g., trailer jockey wheel, motorcycle stand.
There are measures that our experienced asphalt contractors will take to help limit the damage as follows:
- Apply thin layer of sand or grit to promote slippage of rubber-tyred vehicles. Note that appropriate signage should warn road users of the presence of the sand.
- Apply water to the finished asphalt surface to accelerate the cooling process.
- In the case of petroleum product spills, apply kitty litter or sand to the affected area immediately and remove and replace the material when saturated.
- Place a plank or similar to distribute the weight from the point loading.
At Roads 2000, we only rely on the most experienced asphalt contractors in Perth, WA, when it comes to your asphalt paving needs. Quality is important to us and we can provide advice to clients on the care of asphalts where required. If you require an asphalt contractor for your next project or job, contact us today on 08 9202 0800.
For more information on our asphalt contracting services, and the process of bituminous surfacing, please see and download our references below.
- AAPA Fundamentals of Bituminous Surfacing (2010)
Roads 2000 have a wealth of experience working on residential, commercial and local government asphalt paving projects.
To find out more about how we can provide our asphalt-related services to your Perth or WA residence or business, contact our professional team of asphalt paving contractors today on (08) 9202 0800.